Set Up – Very easy, only one cable. USB cable attached to speakerphone and has cable management. There is also AC power adapter with USB port so you can charge via standard wall outlet or power strip.
Use – Very simple to use.
Via PC: We have Microsoft Lync so as soon as I connect USB cable to PC it registers and sets it up as a device option via my Lync client.
Once Logitech P710e is selected, I can make calls via my Lync client either by clicking to call or dialing like I normally would. If I get a call, I can click on accept call or I can simply touch the green handset icon on P710e to answer. The P710e rings when you have an incoming call. You can increase and decrease the speaker volume. There is also mute feature available at your fingertips.
Via Mobile Device (Smartphone/Tablet): The Logitech P710e allows you to pair via Bluetooth and/or NFC (Near Field Communication). To access Bluetooth, simply press and hold Bluetooth button until unit is in pair mode. Go to your mobile device Bluetooth menu and select the Logitech Speakerphone:
If you have NFC enabled device, simply tap mobile device to NFC icon on P170e. Your device will ask if you would like to pair to Logitech Speakerphone.
Another cool feature of the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e is the sliding top that allows you to sit your mobile device for better experience. It’s great for video calls (seated vertically) as well as for watching videos (seated horizontally).
Other features of the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e:
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for enterprise-quality audio
- Advanced DSP technology enables precise tuning for both the mic and speaker so conversations are more life-like.
- Wideband audio
- Hear and be heard in true wideband audio, so those on both sides of the call can enjoy a life-like communication experience.
- Optimized for Microsoft® Lync™, Cisco® compatible** and Skype™ certified
- Ensures enterprise-quality audio and an integrated experience with most all business-grade UC platforms.
- Dynamic Equalizer
- Automatically switches between voice and music modes, delivering the best sound quality and EQ for what the user is listening to.
- Headphone jack
- Plug a headphone directly into the Mobile Speakerphone P710e when additional privacy is desired.
- Acoustic echo cancelation and noise-cancelling microphone
- Optimized to hear and be heard even in noisy workspaces, this is a mobile speakerphone users love to use.
- Visual incoming call indicator
- Onboard LEDs flash to provide a visual alert when a call is coming in.
- Zippered neoprene carrying case
- Protect the speakerphone in style with the zippered neoprene carrying case.
Great features but how does it sound? I have been using for close to a month now for quick calls as well as long conference calls. I haven’t had anyone complain about audio quality yet via Lync calls.
When it comes to mobile device calls, the audio quality is good, however not as good as Lync call. Of course I’m also at the mercy of our weak Wi-Fi signal. So I’m certain that plays a factor. I used for Facetime call and I could see and hear very well. It’s also a good speaker to listen to streaming music from your mobile device.