Received the New Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e – certified for Skype for Business
Set Up – With the Logitech P710e, setup is very easy, only one cable. USB cable attached to speakerphone and has cable management. There is also AC power adapter with the USB port so you can charge via standard wall outlet or power strip.
Use – the Logitech P710e Speakerphone is very simple to use. Here’s how:
Via PC: Connect the USB cable to PC it registers and sets it up as a device option via Skype for Business.
Once Logitech P710e is selected, I can make calls via Skype either by clicking to call or dialing like I normally would. If I get a call, I can click on accept call or I can simply touch the green handset icon on P710e to answer. The P710e rings when you have an incoming call. You can increase and decrease the speaker volume. There is also mute feature available at your fingertips.
Via Mobile Device (Smartphone/Tablet): The Logitech P710e allows you to pair via Bluetooth and/or NFC (Near Field Communication). To access Bluetooth, simply press and hold Bluetooth button until the unit is in pair mode. Go to your mobile device Bluetooth menu and select the Logitech Speakerphone:
If you have NFC enabled device, simply tap a mobile device to NFC icon on P170e. Your device will ask if you would like to pair to Logitech Speakerphone.
Another cool feature of the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e is the sliding top that allows you to sit your mobile device for better experience. It’s great for video calls (seated vertically) as well as for watching videos (seated horizontally).
Other features of the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e:
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for enterprise-quality audio
- Advanced DSP technology enables precise tuning for both the mic and speaker so conversations are more life-like.
- Wideband audio
- Hear and be heard in true wideband audio, so those on both sides of the call can enjoy a life-like communication experience.
- Optimized for Cisco® compatible** and certified for Skype® and Skype for Business
- Ensures enterprise-quality audio and an integrated experience with most all business-grade UC platforms.
- Dynamic Equalizer
- Automatically switches between voice and music modes, delivering the best sound quality and EQ for what the user is listening to.
- Headphone jack
- Plug a headphone directly into the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e when additional privacy is desired.
- Acoustic echo cancelation and noise-canceling microphone
- Optimized to hear and be heard even in noisy workspaces, this is a mobile speakerphone users love to use.
- Visual incoming call indicator
- Onboard LEDs flash to provide a visual alert when a call is coming in.
- Zippered neoprene carrying case
- Protect the speakerphone in style with the zippered neoprene carrying case.
Great features but how does it sound? I have been using for close to a month now for quick calls as well as long conference calls. I haven’t had anyone complain about audio quality yet via Skype calls.
When it comes to mobile device calls, the audio quality is good, however not as good as Skype calls. Of course, I’m also at the mercy of our weak Wi-Fi signal. So I’m certain that plays a factor. I used for Facetime call and I could see and hear very well. It’s also a good speaker to listen to streaming music from your mobile device.
I believe Logitech has a winner with this device. As the business world turns to more and more web-based and mobile applications for communications and collaboration, the Logitech Mobile Speakerphone P710e is a great device, especially when paired with a Logitech webcam like the C930e or Brio 4K Pro Webcam.