Wireless headsets are much more prevalent in the workspace. I remember many, many years ago the first wireless headsets by ACS then GN Netcom. And of course, Plantronics (now Poly) joined in and took the market by storm. Now all major headset manufacturers offer wireless solutions. I remember how hard it was to get businesses other than call centers to even consider trying corded headsets. Jabra offers the PRO 900 Series Wireless Headsets, which is what we’re looking at today.
When wireless headsets finally became affordable we couldn’t keep enough on our shelves. There is no question wireless headsets increase productivity. What’s been happening over the past decade is a shift in how businesses/people communicate and collaborate. Most businesses don’t have just one method. They have desk phones, softphones, web-based collaboration platforms and of course mobile devices.
Wireless headset manufacturers began developing multi-connectivity wireless headset options to fit the varying connectivity requirements. While extremely beneficial for multiple businesses…there is still a need for a more simple solution.
What I like about the Jabra Pro 900 series is the simplicity. They are easy to set up and use. They have great talk time, very good audio quality and well… they just work.
I think customers/vendors sometimes forget this series exists. I also think there is some confusion with the multiple Jabra PRO 900 Series variants. I’ll try and simplify.
The Jabra PRO 900 Series has four main connectivity options:
- Desk Phone
- Desk Phone and Mobile
- Softphone and Mobile
- Jabra PRO 935 Dual Connectivity
- Jabra PRO 935 Dual Connectivity optimized for Microsoft Lync/SfB
Why so many variants? Jabra recognizes the increase in wireless headset use. To help address wireless density issues, they offer DECT and Bluetooth options. If the model ends in “0” it’s DECT. If the model ends in “5” it’s Bluetooth. The Jabra PRO 920 Mono is DECT. The PRO 935 Single Connectivity would be Bluetooth.
Now that you know which models are which…here’s what makes the Jabra PRO 900 Series winners:
- TALK TIME!!!
- Up to 8hrs – PRO 920 and PRO 930 variants
- Up to 12hrs – PRO 925 and PRO 935 variants
- Conference up to 4 Headsets on one base
- Great for Training purposes and multi-shift scenarios
- Supports EHS Cables (sold separately)
- Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Toshiba to name a few
- Firmware Upgradeable
- 1 Year Warranty
- Mono Variants Convertible
- Headband and Over the ear (This is probably my only con. Ear hook, not the most comfortable if worn for long periods of time – at least for me)
- Dual Connectivity Variants
- Desk Phone and Mobile
- Softphone and Mobile – It just works. Once mobile is paired it connects as soon as you are in proximity automatically
- Really Good Audio Quality
- I’ve had no complaints in reference to receive volume
- Audio is clearly heard
- Transmit quality also good – no negative feedback
- And of course… THE LOW PRICE!
If you are in search of a simple, good quality wireless headset that just works at a low price….then you need to check out the Jabra PRO 900 Series…