Before we added our Kuando Omega Busylights it was somewhat chaotic. As most know who follow this blog, we are 100% Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business. First thing to go were our desk phones as folks opted for headsets or USB speakerphones.
However we had some issues. Because we actively sell multiple devices from various manufacturers, we have a mix of Plantronics, Jabra, Sennheiser, Logitech, VXi, and Microsoft headsets. Not all brands offer “online indicator lights” and the ones that do, all look different.
The Jabra busy light only works with certain Jabra Wireless Headset models. The same is true for the Plantronics brand. What if employee had corded headset or a brand other than Plantronics and Jabra?
I had tested the Kuando Busylight and it was pretty sweet. It was USB so it was headset/device brand agnostic. Not only did it indicate if you were online or not, it also showed your Microsoft Lync Presence status. Available (Green) – Do Not Disturb
(Purple) – Busy (Red) and Away (Yellow)
One issue…light was too small. You had to be right up a person to see their status. Then I learned about the Kuando Omega busylight which was exactly what we were looking for. Bigger light that can be seen from a distance.
They are so much more than online indicator lights that show Presence status. 1st in class designed software
Never miss a call
- Rings and/or flashes on incoming calls
- Adjustable volume
Message waiting indication
- Notification alert on missed calls/IMs
- Flashes every 4 sec. to indicate a missed call
- Avoids interruptions while on a call or busy
- Lights up your Lync/SfB presence to inform nearby colleagues if you are available or not
Lync Call Handling tools – valuable hot keys
- Fast dial out – copy phone number and press hot key.
- Answer call – press hot key to answer/end call
- Busy on busy –redirect a 2nd call to destination for unanswered calls (call group/voice mail/?) (If you are on the phone, and someone else is calling you – what happens?)
Now I can look out across the sales floor and “see” everyone’s presence status. We even got creative and affixed lights above private office doors so people coming to our office can “see” if we are available or not.
If you are in a UC environment that is supported by Kuando this may be an option for you to consider.
Click here for more info on Kuando Busylight UC – Implementation